Below are the new and revised policies that affect providers at Kaleida Health. Please take a moment to review this month's updates. The policy links below are accessible from a Kaleida Health computer only or when connected to the Kaleida Health network. For additional assistance, please contact Amber Mata at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- MED.46 - Telehealth Credentialing and Contracting Requirements - This policy establishes minimum credentialing and contracting requirements relating to telemedicine or telehealth services, whether Kaleida Health is the originating or distant site.
- MED.47 - Telehealth for Patient Care - It is the goal of Kaleida Health to provide specialty care and services to as wide a population as possible. Telehealth provides an opportunity to provide specialized healthcare services to those who are unable to travel to our sites. This policy is intended to outline the requirements for using telemedicine in providing telehealth services to patients. In some circumstances, Kaleida Health may also wish to act as the originating hospital in obtaining telehealth services for patients from distant sites offering specialty care.
- IMG.94 - Screening of MRI Patients/Family Members/Employees - Revision to scheduling instructions and preparing patient for a scan.
- TX IVs and MEDS 15 - Anticoagulation Management-Outpatient Clinics - Updates were made regarding the management of patients with high INR values (the outpatient bleeding risk index score was removed), antithrombotic/anticoagulation therapy for valve surgery and the perioperative management of anticoagulation in patients nonvalvular atrial fibrillation (added a reference to the PAUSE trial).
- TX IVs and MEDS 16 - Nursing Practice in the Administration of Cardiac Drugs by all Routes Excluding IV - Adult/ Acute Care (Not Long Term Care) - This policy covers nursing practice in the administration of cardiac drugs by all routes excluding intravenous (IV) and includes a list of drug classes and representative drugs from each drug class with inclusion of two new drug classes.