Below are the revised policies that affect providers at Kaleida Health. Please take a moment to review this month's updates. The policy links below are accessible from a Kaleida Health computer only. For additional assistance, please contact Amy Palombo at email@example.com or 716-859-8447.
- MED.40 – Kaleida Health Hospital Admission and Level of Care Internal Transfer Guidelines – Clarifies admission orders are to be written within 2 hours of an admission, ED Nursing staff should act on those orders within 4 hours, also clarifies which service specific patients will be admitted to the hospital at statement H
- MM.201 – Objective Review of Medications for Formulary Addition – Minor wording changes at C & D
- MM.401 – Medication Ordering, Interpretation and Administration Guidelines – Combines with a number of other policies. MM.104, MM.106, MM.501, TX.IVs&MEDS.1 and TX.IVs&MEDS.3 will retire with posting
- TX.IVs&MEDS.4 – Medication Security – Added reference to secure wall box at BGMC, info regarding storage and handling of patient’s own medications moved here from TX.IVs&MEDS.11
- TX.IVs&MEDS.8 – Initiation and Administration of Dofetilide (Tikosyn) – Statement A removed, Serum potassium and magnesium monitoring requirements added, criteria for when Tikosyn will be contraindicated prior to administration added, Additional info regarding dose adjustment based on renal function added, criteria for when Tikosyn will be contraindicated any time after second dose added, Itraconazole added to drug interactions