Thank you to the team at DeGraff Memorial Hospital and others at Kaleida Health for a successful DNV GL visit at the new DeGraff Emergency Department (ED). Here is a quick summary of the visit from the DNV GL clinical surveyor:
- First and foremost, there were zero findings!
- Kaleida Health began with a brief presentation and overview of our organization and the process improvements and risk-based thinking design in the ED
- Surveyor was extremely impressed by the entire design, layout and tremendous thought and planning that was put into place with the renovation
- Many noteworthy efforts, including:
- The addition of the Community Pillar on the Strategic Plan (tied in perfectly with ISO interested parties)
- Standardization of supplies, such as the supply carts for the various ED patients (ENT cart, suture cart, etc.)
- Ergonomic design – bariatric room
- Decontamination shower and process to prevent contamination of the ED for a possible HazMat patient
- Aesthetically pleasing design. Surveyor absolutely loved the fact that Kaleida Health utilized our own contraction staff and infrastructure for the build
The surveyor said during the survey and again at the closing of the survey, “I would come here to work. I would come here for my care.” That is the best compliment we could receive as an organization.